As a writer, I love playing with words, arranging them meticulously to create something beautiful and inspiring. I feel a deep sense of accomplishment when I am able to select exactly the right language to illustrate a deep and meaningful point. There is no greater joy than when a reader tells me that I put words to something they had felt or experienced… but could never quite articulate themselves.
Words are powerful! Not only do I love arranging words and sentences of my own, but I LOVE shining light on others who have articulated deep truths so powerfully. When I see a quote that really resonates with me, I often write it in my journal, photograph it, or share it on social media.
So today, instead of bringing you more of my own words on faith and living a life of intentionality and purpose, I thought I would highlight the words of others. Here are 13 amazing quotes I love about God and your purpose in life. I pray these bless you too!
1) “Each one of us is God’s special work of art. Through us, He teaches and inspires, delights and encourages, informs and uplifts all those who view our lives.”
-Joni Eareckson Tada
2) “The circumstances we ask God to change are often the circumstances God is using to change us.”
3) “Open your hearts to the love God instills… God loves you tenderly. What He gives you is not to be kept under lock and key, but to be shared.”
4) “Learn patience. Depend on God’s timing, for His agenda is always best. Don’t be in a hurry. Don’t try to skip over the relationship to get on with the activity.”
5) “Dreams and desires propel us forward. In many ways, they keep us moving toward Heaven- they don’t allow us to get too comfortable here, to settle in ways and places God never intended. As long as you are alive, God wants you to go further, dig deeper, and draw closer to Him… Every dream or desire you have that comes from God is an invitation for more intimacy with Him.”
6) “God does not ask your ability or inability. He asks only your availability.”
-Mary Kay Ash
7) “Lord, teach me to live this moment only, looking neither to the past with regret, nor the future with apprehension. Let love be my aim and my life a prayer.”
8) “It is not my business to think about myself. My business is to think about God. It is for God to think about me.”
9) “A wise gardener plants her seeds, then has the good sense not to dig them up every few days to see if a crop is on the way.
Likewise, we must be patient as God brings the answer… in His own good time.”
10) “It takes courage to listen with our whole hearts to the tick of God’s timing, rather than march to the beat of our fears.”
11) “Make no mistake, we DO get to choose what kind of people we’re going to be. Our weak pasts don’t get to strong-arm our futures. Our unmet needs don’t have to be the breeding grounds for our defeat. Let this be the day when we looked ourselves squarely in the mirror and said, ‘I don’t know exactly who you’re going to be, but I know who you are not.’”
12) “Regardless of what you are facing, God is able to use the ugliness of life as fertile soil for the beautiful roses of His grace.”
13) “You have a God who hears you, the power of love behind you, the Holy Spirit within you, and all of Heaven ahead of you. If you have the Shepherd, you have grace for every sin, direction for every turn, a candle for every corner, an anchor for every storm. You have everything you need.”